Lennon and McCartney. Saturdays and sleeping in. Buzz and Woody. Some things just belong together. Like this mix of biochar and frass. Frass is an all-natural fertiliser made from insect manure and bursting with nutrients and good microbes. Biochar is a charcoal-like substance that comes from heating raw materials without oxygen. They’re an unlikely couple, but they’re a strong one.
Here are a few reasons to add this double act to your Plant Care kit:
- You don’t have to be rich but your soil should be. Frass holds about 240 million microbial colony forming units per gram. It holds up to 200 times more nutrients than worm castings or compost with more diversity of microbes too. They bring life to your potting mix by improving the structure of the soil and providing nutrients to your plants as they break down organic matter.
- Biochar keeps plants kicking through dry spells and overwatering. It boosts the capacity of soil to hold nutrients and water, complementing the richness of frass.
- Frass is full of mainstream and indie hits. On its own, it boasts a nitrogen-phosphorus-potassium (NPK) ratio of 4:2:2. But it’s still full of those underrated trace nutrients to help your plants flourish: iron, copper, zinc and so much more.
- It’s got some good chitin; the insect exoskeletons that are a natural addition when making frass. This secret weapon activates your plant’s natural defences against pathogens, like the ones that cause root rot. It increases the availability of nitrogen to your plants.
Both are sustainably sourced, carbon-negative and Australian-made.
Separately, frass and biochar do good things. Together, they’re an iconic duo.
Jar Volume: 500ml
Safety: Avoid breathing dust or mists, wear gloves and keep moist when handling. Wash hands after use
We try to keep our delivery costs to a minimum.
- We offer $9.00 flat-rate shipping within Australia
- $14.95 Express Post shipping
- FREE shipping on orders over $140
All of our clothing and accessories are in stock for immediate delivery and you should receive them within a week (unless you live in a regional area, in which case our couriers might take a bit longer to find you).
||The best way to track and manage your deliveries is with the Australia Post mobile app.
Get the AusPost app
Click and Collect
Need your order in a hurry? Select Local Pickup at checkout - orders are usually ready in 24 hours!
259 Smith Street, Fitzroy VIC
All Gaudy and Prim products are sold with a 14 day money-back guarantee. Items must be in their original packaging and must be unused and unwashed with all tags attached. Products returned without their packaging, that have been washed or used and do not have the accompanying receipt of purchase will not be approved for refund.
We are unable to offer a refund for earrings.
Delivery charges from Gaudy and Prim as well as the cost to return the product are not reimbursed. Once approved, returns may take up to two weeks to process.
To return goods for exchange or refund please email our Customer Service Team on email@example.com.
Note: This policy only applies to items purchased directly from www.gaudyandprim.com.au. If you have purchased a product from another retail store, you are required to return it to that store.
259 Smith Street
Fitzroy, Victoria 3065